Re: Sane drivers

Milon Firikis (milonf@ariadne-t.gr)
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 13:33:18 +0300

Henry Miller wrote:

[snip]

> We cannot just put documentation on a web site, they won't allow us to.

Well Apple does...
ftp://ftpdev.info.apple.com/devworld/

[snip]

> Of course if you personally refuse to use scanners from companies that
> won't release full documentation for all their scanners (and
> otherhardware) that is your business. Feel free to make whatever personal
> choices you want. Just remember that not everyone is as extreem as you,
> and try not to limit our options.

-Microtek wants to release full documentation. Fine, they are free to do
it.
-Microtek does not want to release any kind of documentation. Fine It's
**their** right not to do so.
-Microtek wants to release information only to people signing NDA. Fine,
they are free to look out for the right man.
-Somebody/Anybody doesn't want to sign the NDA. Fine, It's his right. No
problem with me.
-Somebody wants to sign the NDA. Fine, he has the freedom to do it.
-I am a customer. I can purchase Microtek scanners or not, based on
whatever criteria I may choose.

All in all I don't see how anybody can limits the options of anybody
else just by telling his opinion (about anything actually).

MF