Re: microtek scanmaker again :-(

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 16:47:36 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 11:43:12PM -0800, De Clarke wrote:

> Well, the AVA card I got is yet a new model:
>
> AVA 2902E/I
>
> It has NO onboard jumpers, and no BIOS. It has no internal
> bus connector (the pads are there but there's no connector
> mounted in them). I have no idea what IRQ, etc., it ought
> to have, or what driver might work with it. The manual,
> of course, assumes that you have WinDoze or WinDoesN'T
> and you "just" use the CDROM software :-)
>
> I really *wish* microtek would just ship one scsi card and
> stick with it. I was hoping to follow the path blazed by
> the other microtek owners but it appears my card is different.
> Phooey.

Compared to the SCSI adapters other manufaturers ship with their devices
the Adaptec cards that come with Microtek scanners are of high quality.

Try it with the aic78xxx driver. Also, there is at least one Adaptec card
in the 29xx series that needs a completely different driver
(Future domain ?? ), but I don't remember which model it is.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de