RE: Epson Parallel Port Scanner

Christian Ordig (chr.ordig@gmx.net)
Sun, 04 Apr 1999 14:02:43 +0200 (CEST)

On 02-Apr-99 David Taylor wrote:
> Is it possible to use SANE to scan from a Parallel Port GT-5000? I can't
> find anything else which even looks like it supports Paralell port
> scanners.. Arrrgh...

Supporting parallel port scanners is quite hard without information from the
developing company, but we´ve managed to create an alpha driver for the Primax
Colorado Direct scanner which is also reported to work with the Network MM100
and Genius Colorpage-Vivid+. In fact it should work with every scanner having an
FCC-ID of EMJFB308C. If you´ve that much luck, and it works for you, so please
report it to us, so we can add your model to the "supported devices" list on
our homepage (http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax).

Good luck!

---
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig <chr.ordig@gmx.net>
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.