Re: Epson GT-5000 (parallel port)

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 11:27:47 +0100 (GMT)

On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, David Taylor wrote:

> I've tried using the sane-epson backend, but it simply hangs (needs a
> kill -9 to stop it), catting from /dev/lp1 once turns off the 'Ready'
> light, catting a second time results in an IO error. catting to /dev/lp1
> appears to work fine, except pressing Ctrl-D doesnt exit.. I'm not entirly

If you are using /dev/lp1, I suspect that you are you using a 2.0 kernel.
In that case, catting from /dev/lp1 will do nothing useful regardless of
what is connected to the parallel port.

In 2.2 you can cat /dev/lp0, but in this instance it probably still won't
buy you much. There is currently no general 'parallel port' device
driver: lp is specifically for printers.

Tim.
*/