I found a trick that solves my problem, I hope that it could be useful to
I must premise that:
- I had to patch the kernel 2.0.35 with the mustek-scsi-patch-0.6 (to be able to
be able to use the DMX3181LE scsi card that comes with the scanner).
(it is better also to look into the istructions for the
- I set SG_BIG_BUFF to 130559 in sg.h,
- that I compiled the patched generic scsi driver (for NCR5380) as a module
- that I did not use the kerneld daemon, loading manually the modules.
The sequence that worked was:
- after boot, do not load the generic scsi modules
- run xscanimage
- select the pnm:0 device in the window that opens (in the window there are
now only pnm:0 and pnm:1) and then the OK button
- exit from xscanimage
- open a terminal window and load the generic scsi module, typing:
modprobe g_NCR5380 ncr_addr=0x280 dtc_3181e=1
- run again xscanimage, this time select the scanner device in the window that
opens (for me is mustek:/dev/scanner), give OK and then scan.
I don't know why, but this worked.
-- Source code, list archive, and docs: http://www.mostang.com/sane/ To unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail email@example.com