Re: 16-bit frames and interleaving

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Mon, 01 Mar 1999 01:02:18 +0100

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Oliver> What about gamma data upload to the backend?
>
> SANE_Int etc. are transferred in a byte-order independent fashion, so
> stuff like gamma data should work just fine. Only the image data is
> special (due to efficiency considerations).

Hi David,

I don`t have the sane-specs in mind at that point, but I don`t understand
why a 16-bit gamma upload to the scanner is byte-order independent and
a 16-bit download from the backend to the frontend is must take care of the
byte-order/transform it.

Byt the way, I don`t think that it is good for efficency that that byte-order must be
swapped twice sometimes:
scanner-byte-order to backend-byte-order to frontend-byte-order.

Bye
Oliver

--
EMAIL: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE