Re: UMAX Astra 1200S lamp question

Zygo Blaxell (u3nzrrvm@umail.furryterror.org)
28 Feb 1999 16:13:54 -0500

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.990225155240.16533D-100000@mail.sphinx-group.com>,
Warren Early <sane-devel@mostang.com> wrote:
>I know that Microtek leaves the lamp on so that the scans remain
>consistent for calibration purposes. A cold tube emits less light and of a
>different color than one that's fully warmed up.

I know of this problem; I've seen older HP scanners that sit there for
10 seconds after the light comes on waiting for something, and the something
is probably that.

Oh well. I came back from work on Thursday and found the light was off, so
it does turn off somewhere between 1 and 13 hours after last use.

--
Zygo Blaxell, Linux Engineer, Corel Corporation, zygob@corel.ca (work),
zblaxell@furryterror.org (play).  It's my opinion, I tell you! Mine! All MINE!