Re: Primax for Linux - temp. down

Darren Marshall (darren@tuff.org.uk)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 17:29:12 +0100

Ok Christian,

The URL can be whatever you like, you'll get an ip-less virtual server on (at
present) a linux alpha machine which I administer at the company I work for
which is an ISP in the UK.If you dont have your own domain name then you can
put it under mine so the URL will be www.tuff.org.uk/Primax for instance.

Space shouldn't be too much of an issue, there is currently a 4 gig drive in
the machine.
As for vanishing overnight, unless I change jobs then the site will remain
online!, if I do change jobs then I'll give you 1 months notice, but the
chances are the site would still remain.

You can have server log files and you can use CGI.
I plan to retire the alpha shortly and replace it with a PC but your site will
get migrated so that will not be an issue.

Let me know if you are interested, and I'll get it up and running for you.

Regards Darren