Re: HP ScanJet 5p scan button

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 02:02:04 +0100

Tim Waugh wrote:

> I've just acquired an HP ScanJet scanner, and it's working just fine in
> SANE (thanks guys!).
>
> There's a green button on the front marked "Scan", and I was thinking that
> it would be quite neat if I could set things up so that pressing the
> button would cause the scan to be printed to the printer. I'd then have a
> push-button photocopier.
>
> Does anyone know how to get this to happen?

I talked about that with David Mosberger some month ago.The problem is that it
would be necessary to repeately call the backend to test
if the button was pressed. But that is a bad idea and there is no possibility in
the
sane-API that allows the backend to send any unrequested information to the
frontend.

So there is no good possibility to implement the button with the recent
sane-api!

Bye
Oliver

--