Re: Acer scanners

Wolfgang Goeller (wgoeller@active.ch)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 00:43:30 +0100

Jorgen Grahn wrote:

> Further questions:
>
> 1. Is Vuego really the same company as Acer? I.e., would a Vuego 42FOO scanner
> be exactly the same as an Acer 42FOO?

If you have a look at the Homepage of VUEGO you will see it - yes, its
the European Headquarter in Spain.

> 2. If Acer 310S is modified from Agfa Snapscan 310S, would that make an Acer
> 620ST a modified Agfa Snapscan <something>?

I can't say for sure that all ACER-scanners are derived from AGFA or vice
versa.
But if they are identical, they seem to share the ID.
IE VUEGO 310P = AGFA SNAPSCAN 310P = ACER 310P (not supported,
parallel-port version)
VUEGO 310S = AGFA SNAPSCAN 310S = ACER 310S (under wintendo they use
the same
driver, as far as I could test it)

> 3. Assuming there is some support for the Acer 310S, using the SnapScan
> driver, can anyone estimate the chances of a later model like the 620ST
> working, too? Do they really mess that much with the protocols between

Who knows :-)) All firms tend to add more and more features.
I would not take the risk to buy a scanner, that's not explicitly
supported
by a sane-driver. If I did, i might be in trouble, writing an own driver.

Regards
Wolfgang