Re: Microtek x6el problems

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 01:45:05 +0100

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 01:08:46PM +0000, John Richardson wrote:

> I have a Microtek x6el scanner. When I scan with xscanimage
> the first scan (or preview) comes up OK. All later scans look
> dirty with strange colors. If I change to a greyscale scan and attempt
> to preview (the greyscale preview doesn't seem to work) and then switch back
> to 24bit color, the next scan will look OK. The same thing occurs if
> I turn the scanner off, then the next scan will look OK but any
> scans following that will look dirty.
>
> Any ideas what's wrong? I'm willing to try to figure this out, but I'll
> need some direction as scanners aren't my strong point. :)
>
> I'm using sane 1.00 with the added patch for the x6el mentioned in
> the mailing list archive a couple months ago (it was only about 3 lines)
> applied to the microtek2 backend.

This is a weird problem. If you are willing to figure it out,
look into the function do_dummy_scan() in microtek2.c. This function must
be executed in order to get all scans correctly executed. Maybe, that your
scanner has a firmware version, that is not caught by this function.

In any case I am interested in any additional info.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de