Re: (no subject)

William McVey (wam@sa.fedex.com)
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 16:34:16 -0600

root@isis.dynip.com wrote:
>I tried to compile on FreeBSD -current (version 3.0)
>and had problems too. GIMP compiles nicely.
>I did not have any time to hack the source code, but will soon, any
>luck with sane 1.0 on FreeBSD ?

I did a SANE1.0 compile on 3.0-RELEASE. It was a mostly clean compile.
I had to hack several makefiles to add linking with the cam library
(-lcam) and the jpeg library (-ljpeg). There was also one backend (for
a kodak camera I believe) which had some serious problems which I just
commented out. Probably the biggest gotcha with FreeBSD is that
your scanner config file should have the explicit /dev/pass? device
listed. A symlink named /dev/scanner will not work...

- William