Re: Adaptec 1505A and UMAX 1200s

Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Tue, 02 Feb 1999 00:20:52 +0100

Steven R. Robertson wrote:

> Oliver Rauch wrote:
> > Did you test it under WINDOWS ?
> > Bye
> > Oliver
> >
> I could not get the scanner to work under Dos 6.22/Windows 3.11 which is
> all I have. The scanner advertisement indicates this should be possible.
> I also couldn't get my Adaptec 1505 card working under Dos 6.22/Windows
> 3.11. Again, the software included with the card said this should be
> possible. I tried every combination of IO ports and IRQ's that I could.
> I also tried to get the scanner to work also with the SCSI card that
> came with it. Again no success.

Before you try it under linux, be sure that your scanner really is ok.If you
know somone with a working scsi-card in his computer,
test the scanner there.

May be your scanner or your scsi-card is defect.

Sometimes the scsi-cards do NOT work in all ISA-slots.
Use another ISA-slot, may be that helps!

Bye
Oliver