Re: AVA-1505AE and Microtec X6: freeze everything while scanning

Robert Brink (linux4me@dds.nl)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:00:41 +0100

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Davide Achilli <davide@objsystem.it> wrote:

>The most annoying problem is that while it is scanning all system il
>completely freezed: mouse doesn't move, network is locked, etc.
>Is this problem related to the AVA-1505AE controller? Can I solve it
>buying a different SCSI-II controller?

Same here, I had an AVA-1505 controller connected to my Mustek scanner and
while scanning, I couldn't even move my mouse pointer. Very annoying, so I gave
the SCSI card which came along with the scanner (NCR53c400a) a try and lo
behold: I was still in control of the machine while scanning! There is some
strange thing with either the AVA-1505 or its Linux driver.

Your second problem looks more like a SCSI conflict, because on another machine
with different hardware, the system locks up. Can you mail more detailed info,
like what is in your /proc/scsi/scsi ?

Robert
linux4me@dds.nl