Re: VuegoScan Brisa 610P

Wolfgang Goeller (wgoeller@active.ch)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 11:20:57 +0100

Steve Hammond wrote:

> I understand that there is a lot to do for drivers on Linux :((. Mabe
> companie will distribute drivers soon, Intel and Netscape have invest in
> Linux RedHat, so maybe one day soon others will get .....

I fear, the hope for many par-drivers are futile. The later models
shown another trend: Away from parallel and forward towards USB.
So it might well be in the near future, that cheap scanners are
equipped with USB and parport-scanners will be a shortliving
part of history. Who will invest time in debugging a parport-
scanner, when he can get a new, faster scanner for just a few
dollars?

Just my point of view

Wolfgang