Re: Parallel port Scanners

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:37:21 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Juergen Schmidt wrote:

> I really hate to do this, as I know itīs a FAQ, but after a couple of hours
> search w.o. success, itīs my last hope to post this to the list.
>
> I want to purchase a parallel port scanner I can use under linux.
> But I donīt find any infos about drivers.

General rule on that:

Parallel scanners don't work unless explicitly stated otherwise on the
website. Most manufacturers just don't want to give out the required specs
to write software to support them.

I think a remark like this would be a good thing to add to the website.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |