Re: Horizotal offset with Mustek SE 6000 SP

Heinrich Rebehn (rebehn@comm.uni-bremen.de)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:04:24 +0000

Dr. Andreas Bolsch wrote:

> My experiments with my SE-12000SP have shown that the
> top 2.5mm (approx.) get lost even if the scanner is
> instructed to start at the very top. Regarding the
> left edge there is an offset of less then 1mm. And
> the vertical scale is distorted (compared to
> the nominal resolution, i.e. 600dpi) by about 1%.
>
> However, 0.5inch is not acceptable. I'd suspect a
> mechanical defect. You might check the total scanning area with sheet of
> raster paper.(Not very precise
> though). And check whether this problems shows up
> under Windows, too.

I will do that, provided that my hardware setup works under NT. I would
really like to not install the supplied SCSI adapter and to NOT to
install WIN95.

> The y-coordinate zero (referenced to the triangle
> at the top *right*) is just multiplied by a scale
> factor and otherwise unaltered embedded in the
> SET_WINDOW command. AFAIK that value is interpreted
> as an unsigned number, so a negative offset (which
> would be necessary in your case) can't be specified.
>
> Oh, just to be sure we are thinking of the same
> edge: By "left" you mean left edge of a sheet, so
> when placed face down it's the right edge of the
> scanning area, isn't it?

yes, it is. BTW i still have the # linedistance-fix and the lineart-fix
options enabled although they may not be necessary (they come as
default). Can they produce this effect?

--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn@comm.uni-bremen.de Phone : +49/421/218-4664