Re: 25pin SCSI

Shad (shartley@oklahoma.net)
Wed, 06 Jan 1999 03:51:11 -0600

mu6sys wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to connect a SCSI scanner to my Linux box.
> Bought a UMAX 1220S but found to my dismay that
> the "SCSI" connector is a 25 D-type.
> My SCSI adapters (Adaptec, BusLogic etc) all use 50 pin flat.
>
> Do you have any idea if it is possible to make a converter for
> this problem. It's proven very hard to find info. about this in
> computer stores in Israel.
>
> If the answer is YES - where could I find a pin connection
> diagram?
>
> Thanks a lot - also for the SANE package - a great idea.

yes, it is possible. Centronics 50, Mini50, 25DIN are interchangeable and
I have seen cable conversions. Although it's rare to find them, I have
seen 50pin ribbon to 25pin DIN. Most are SCSI card external adapters. The
only thing I've seen in stores for a ribbon adapter is a 50pin ribbon -
mini 50pin connector, of which you can attach a 25pinDIN to mini50
connector.
Where to find them? Dunno, there are several mail order companies that
are dedicated to SCSI sales. Try www.corpsys.com to see if they have what
you need.