Re: Getting started with SANE & SnapScan

Michael Gray (mjg17@eng.cam.ac.uk)
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:36:05 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue 8 Dec, Kevin Charter said:

> Gordon Scott wrote:
>
> No, they should be.
>
> > Setting to -d snapscan or -d snapscan:/dev/scanner with full
> > debugging proceeds ok, but still give the same error.
> >

> I'll look into this problem this evening. I think that the move
> from 0.74 to 1.00 has unveiled a bug in the backend, but from the
> looks of things it should be easy to fix. And I actually will have
> a little time to tinker with it starting today.

Does this mean that I can get my SnapScan working by trying sane
v0.74? I spent a couple of hours last night struggling with the same
"Invalid argument" errors as Gordon.

Let us know if you find the bug, Kevin.

Thanks to you all the sane and snapscan developers for your great
work.

--
Michael Gray                        Email: mjg17@eng.cam.ac.uk
Computer Officer                    Tel:    +44 (0)1223 332658