Re: Question/SANE problem

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 23:53:51 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 04:09:12PM -0500, James Brooks wrote:
> Is there a news group for the SANE project? I have a Microtek v310
> scanner that runs fine under windows, but it doesn't show up under
> 'find-scanner'. I could really use some help with this.

If it is the parallel port version, it doesn't currently work. If it
it is the SCSI model, it will probably work with some minor changes to
the microtek2 backend.

However, in the latter case, if find-scanner does not detect the device,
there is still another problem. At least you need generic SCSI support
in your kernel (either compiled into the kernel or as a module), and
/dev/scanner or /dev/sg? must have appropriate permissions.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de