Is SANE GPL'ed? (was Re: Solaris 2.6 w/ HP ScanJet 4c)

Ole Aamot (oleaa@ifi.uio.no)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 22:18:37 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, Michael Sweet wrote:

> Second, I don't keep a complete copy of the original distribution on
> disk - we support so many FSF programs that I'm running low on disk
> space on our "GNU" disk (9GB, filling up fast). (...)

SANE developers,

I'm co-developing gPhoto^ with Scott Fritzinger, and I was wondering
whether or not SANE will be released under the terms of the GNU GPL.

Thanks.

^ gPhoto (GNU Photo) is a GPL'ed GUI application to get, organize,
and publish pictures from a range of supported digital still cameras.
It currently uses the free photopc library by Eugene Crosser, so any
cameras supported by that library are supported by gPhoto as well.
Currently available for download is a Pre-Release that supports basic
functionality (Indexing, Downloading, Printing, Saving, etc...), but
right around the corner is a much more stable release with a lot of
added functionality. Swing by the gPhoto homepage for more info:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gphoto/