Re: New and improved development model?

David Huggins-Daines (bn711@freenet.carleton.ca)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 16:02:58 -0500

On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 09:13:10PM +0100, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Dec 1998, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > Any comments? Any reason this has not been done earlier?
>
> Bandwidth? And lack of experience with CVS servers.

Has anyone asked Debian or RedHat? (i.e. cvs.gnome.org and cvs.gimp.org)
SANE is relatively small compared to GNOME or the GIMP, I doubt it would
be much of a strain on their servers.

FWIW, I like the idea of at least having anonymous CVS access and
regular snapshot releases / diffs (doesn't have to be nightly). That
way, people would have more of a chance to try compiling and running
the new stuff in a variety of different configurations (and a variety
of different GCC versions :-) right up to the minute an official
release is made.

Cheers

--
5.15:   Is C an acronym?