Re:- Pacific Image Electronics 630P ?

Pascal Bonete (pascal@scanace.com)
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:21:45 +0800

At 21:00 08/12/98 GMT, Dave Restall - System Administrator wrote:
>Hi Tarang,
>
>> Could someone please tell me whether the following scanner is
>> supported [ or is there a compatible driver ] for the scanner :
>>
>> OEM : Pacific Image Electronics
>> Model No.: 630P
>> Resolution: 300x600 dpi or 9600x9600 interpolated
>> Color: 30-bit color / 10-bit gray / single-bit B&W
>> Scannable Area: 8.5" x 11.7" (A4 size)
>> Features:
>> Fast and easy to digitize your photographs and printed materials
>> Cold cathode lamp technology
>> Supports over 1 billion colors
>
>It looks like my scanner (It's badged as a Black Widow 9630SP here in
>the UK). About this time last year I contacted PIE (www.scanace.com) to
>get the technical details for the scanner. I eventually got the details
>for it in September. I had to sign an NDA so I can't give you any more
>info than that. I've started to write a driver for the scanner but as
>I'm very busy at the moment, it's going to be some time in 1999 before
>the work is ready for beta release. If you think you will be quicker,
>please feel free to contact PIE and get the NDA. The contact is called
>Pascal Bonete and he can be reached using master@scanace.com.

Sorry, the ScanAce 630P has nothing to do with other PIE scanners, it is a
different manufacturer and has different specifications.

You can try your chance with Compeye (www.compeye.com).

Besides, I confirm that anybody who is willing to write a SANE driver for
our scanners (NOT the 630P) is welcomed and should contact me to get the
technical documentation.

Regards,

Pascal

Pascal Bonete
Technical Marketing Engineer / Pacific Image Electronics