RE: Genius parallel port scanner

Christian Ordig (chr.ordig@gmx.net)
Tue, 01 Dec 1998 15:57:42 +0100 (CET)

On 01-Dec-98 Bert van Leeuwen wrote:
> I posted a question earlier about support for
> a Genius parallel port scanner. Nobody replied
> so I guess I'm the only one using it, I'm willing
> to code support for it. Does anybody think
> its a particularly bad idea to contact Genius-Kye
> and tell them about this project, and ask for
> programming specs? (although they probably
> won't release them, its still worth a try)

Why do you think this might be a bad idea? What can they do besides saying NO???

---
Christian Ordig      (Primax Scanner Driver Project for Linux/UN*X)
Germany              (http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax/)

__ _ / / (_)__ __ ____ __ | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.