Re: Too many options for xscanimage

Milon Firikis (milonf@ariadne-t.gr)
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 13:27:02 +0200

Chris Pinkham wrote:

> > Yes, there already is the "advanced" option concept. If you mark an
> > option as advanced, graphical interfaces such as xscanimage will
>
> I don't know if it is relevant to the backend that started this discussion,
> but one thing I did recently with the Artec backend was make sure that only
> relevant options are displayed. I think I got the idea from either the
> Microtek or Umax backend.

[snip]

I am using the same policy in the apple backend. I disable non valid
options. I also utilize the idea of the ADVANCED bit in the options. I
still have problem in the xscanimage when the user desires to see all
the available options, and yes I have gone options nuts already :-)

The notebook look will be a great relief...

Milon Firikis