Re: problem getting linux to recognize SCSI host adapter

Mike Mitten (gnome@PD.Org)
2 Nov 1998 14:27:48 -0000

Well, as I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself...

Oliver Rauch wrote:
>as far as I know the UDS11 is not supported - liked described in them
>umax-manual!

Thanks for the help, folks. Turns out that the mystery card uses a
Logic Devices 53C80, which is a replacement for the NCR 5380, which is
supported. I even got the 24 page data sheet from their web site, but
I don't think it'll do me much good 'cause the card's BIOS seems to
hang at boot time, looking for a non-existent device on ID 1 after
it's found the scanner on 0. I'm thinking my best bet is to print out
the SCSI section of the hardware compatibility HOWTO and take it to
CompUSA to get, as someone else said, a real SCSI controler.

Thanks again,

-Mike

P.S. Don't tell me, let me guess; the LS-30 uses the other kind of
SCSI connector, so I'll need yet another card when I get one, right? :-)

Mike Mitten, gnome@pd.org, Atlanta, GA, USA Straight but not narrow.
DoD #522, DoDHS #2, AMA, ACLU, AHA, BMWMOA Irony is the spice of life.
Bianchi Sika 1995 BMW R100PDC http://dorje.com:8080/~gnome
"The revolution will not be televised."