Re: HP ScanJet 5P and SCSI-card

Samuli Ylinen (ylinen@iki.fi)
28 Oct 1998 14:59:37 +0200

Matti Koskimies <mikkoski@manna.yok.utu.fi> writes:

> What SCSI-cards are supported by the linux kernel?
> I couldn't get my new Symbios Logic -card (53c416 ?) to work.

There's some kind of driver for the SCSI-card which is
shipped with HP Scanjet 5P. I bought HP Scanjet 5P few
months ago and it was shipped with Symbios SYM20403
SCSI-card which is based on SYM53C416 chip. You can
find the driver for Linux 2.0.35 from
<URL:http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~foxx/scsi/>.

BTW. I didn't get the driver working, apparently
there was some kind of PNP problem (my ISA-bus is full of
cards). I bought old Adaptec 1522 SCSI-card and now
SANE and HP Scanjet 5P are working very nicely.

--
Samuli Ylinen		ylinen@iki.fi
			http://www.iki.fi/ylinen/