Re: nikon ls film scanners

Andreas Tille (tille@physik.uni-halle.de)
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:59:44 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> hi, I have to buy a film scanner - I've found that nikons are very good
> devices... but I can't find out if they are currently supported by sane. In
> the home page I read "the backends for Artec, Microtek, Microtek2, Nikon
> Coolscan, and UMAX have been updated", but in the page "drivers" I can't
> find "Nikon"...
I'm not currently looking at the pages, but before I bought my LS-20
I looked at the SANE pages and found a tarbal of informations there.
Note: LS-20 is a synonym for CoolScan II.
May be that helps you.
The SANE drivers work good with this.
There were problems with the autofocus code in 0.74 but the author
sended me a well working patch.

Kind regards

Andreas.