Re: Microtek ScanMaker V300?

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 13:07:31 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 21, 1998 at 07:17:25PM -0700, David B. Rees wrote:
> On 21-Sep-98 Mike D. wrote:
> > David B. Rees wrote:
> >
> >> Is there any support for the mtek SM V300? The docs don't list any support,
> >> and I haven't had any success in getting either of the mtek drivers to
> >> detect
> >> the scanner. Here's my /proc/scsi/scsi if it helps:
> >>

> > On my machine, so far, I have been able to get find-scanner to see the
> > scanner, but that is it. Bernd has given me some possible fixes to get the
> > scanner working. I'll be trying it out tonight.
>
> I'd like to try them out, too. (And maybe speed up the devel process ;-) Can
> you forward me the patches and tell me how you got find-scanner to recognize
> the scanner?

I have uploaded this to

ftp://ftp.muc.de/people/bernds/mtek2/microtek2-pre0.5.220998.tar.gz .

According to the scanner attributes the difference between the V300
and the ScanMaker 330 is that the V300 has a 256 bytes gamma table, whereas
the the 330 has 1024 bytes gamma table. This means that the V300 works
internally with 8 bit per colour and the 330 with 10 bit.

The backend should handle both sizes, so I would have expected, that
it works with the above version, but it returned an IO-error.
If this happens for you, too, please send me a trace with the environment
variable SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK2 set to 30.

Just be sure, that find-scanner finds the scanner before calling scanimage
or xscanimage.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder