Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: Getting UMAX scanner to work with Future Domain]]

Zot O'Connor (zot@zotconsulting.com)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:29:30 -0700

well other items work on the scsi chain before and after the scanner.

The scanner is not the cheapest UMAX, and it has a SCSI ID knob set to 3
(I've moved it around).

The FD domain controller sees the scanner in the POST boot of the
hardware.

I have tried several cable combos, same results.

I will check termination on the scanner solo next.

Thanks!

Oliver Rauch wrote:

> > When I boot, I see the Umax at Scsi 3., and the CDROM at 5.
> >
> > But when fdomain loads I see the CDROM only.
> >

> > cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> > Attached devices:
> > Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
> > Vendor: NEC Model: CD-ROM DRIVE:25 Rev: 1.0a
> > Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI revision: 01
> >

> Hi,
>
> is the scsi-bus terminated correctly ?
> How long are your scsi-cables if you add all together?
>
> Are you shure the scanner is on id 3? Umax scanners are preset to id 5 !
>
> Bye
> Oliver

Zot O'Connor

www.ZotConsulting.com www.WhiteKnightHackers.com