Re: scanimage lineart bugreport (fwd)

Kevin R. Charter (charter@cs.ualberta.ca)
Sun, 06 Sep 1998 14:23:19 -0600

Wolfgang Goeller wrote:

> Hello Andy
>
> There's a little error in the lineart-code.
> I did mail the correction to Kevin, the author.

Yes, indeed, after reading Andy's last message about the error in the
header,
it occurred to me the problem was likely in the scan parameters being
reported
by the backend for lineart mode.... Thanks, Wolfgang!... it's always
nice to get
one's work done for one :-)

I'll make sure this fix is incorporated into the backend and I'll put a
new
release on the homepage *today*.

> So in his next release of snapscan you will find
> the fixes. Kevin has just passed his examinations
> and is moving. That leaves him little time for

As I said in my last message, I've hobbled back into action.

> By the way: I found another bug: When scanning overt the
> net with the scanner attached to another computer I'll get

This I still haven't had time to tackle, but I'll start soon.

Thanks for everyone's patience,

Kevin