Re: Mustek Paragon 1200 III SP

Dieter Urban (dieter.urban@ulmail01.europe.nokia.com)
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 16:39:06 +0200

EXT Oliver Graf wrote:

> Mitch Chapman <mchapman@siscom.net> writes:
>
> > So far I know only that the 1200 III SP provides a strange
> > response to the SCSI Inquiry command. The response includes
> > a vendor identification string of "SCANNER " and a product
> > identification string containing only blanks. (I can include
> > the entire raw response if anyone is interested.)
> > Yet it claims to support the SCSI-1 command set.
>
> I have a Mustek ScanExpress 12000SP and it has the same SCSI id:
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
> Vendor: SCANNER Model: Rev: 2.00
> Type: Scanner ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS
>
> Runs fine with the mustek.[ch]-0.3 drivers (can't remember the URL but it's in
> the mailinglist archive).

... realy runs fine, even at 600dpi color mode when scanning at full
page width ????
I got problems with the alignement of colors with my 12000SP at high
resolutions AND large page width. All over the image colors R/G/B are
shifted verticaly against each other by some lines. Having a glance at
the backend code (likewise using mustek-0.3) I considered this a basic
problem of the backend.
But if you have no problems ....?

Regards,
Dieter