Re: Who maintain SANE source?

Matto Marjanovic (maddog@mir.com)
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:04:34 -0400 (EWT)

>Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 18:59:12 -0400
>From: Wolfgang Kaess <100346.2055@compuserve.com>

>I have changed 2 SANE source files and want to become this files SANE
>standard files.
>

> HOW COULD THIS BE DONE ?

In case this hasn't been answered yet (and, correct me if I'm wrong):

The source tree is lovingly maintained by David Mosberger-Tang
<davidm@mostang.com>, and you can send patches to him. However,
for small patches, it's a good idea to post them to this
mailing list, since there are probably people who have comments
on changes to sanei_scsi.c, and people besides David are involved in
the OS/2 port, etc.
Also, the backends are typically maintained by their authors, so
any patches to a backend would typically be reviewed by the
author before getting into the public distribution.

-matt m.