Re: Support for Umax Astra 1220S/P

Jim Ford (jf001@watford.net)
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 18:49:00 +0100

Peter Leif Rasmussen wrote:

> I am new on this list, so bear with me if this is wellknown, though I
> haven't been able to find any mentioning of it in the archives.
>
> I am in the process of lookng for a scanner that is as cheap as
> possible,
> but also provides as high quality output as possible, especially for
> scanning transparencies.

My UMAX 1220S works fine with SANE 0.72 and a ncr53c810a SCSI card. The
scanner cost me 199 UK pounds about a month ago. As I knew the 1200 was
supported by SANE, I originaly tried to get one - but was told it was no
longer available.

I have also considered a transparency adaptor - which is available for the
1220, also at 199 UK pounds, but decided against it - too expensive and no
good for 35mm (not sure about 6cmX6cm)

Have a look at the UMAX support site - it's got lots about scanners and
scanning.

http://www.imcnet.com/support/

Regards: Jim Ford