Re: Rebuild with VisualAge C++

Wolfgang Kaess (100346.2055@compuserve.com)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:26:34 -0400

Yuri Dario wrote:

>> #define lseek fseek
>> #define read fread
>> #define write fwrite
>> #define close fclose
>> The above 4 procs gives a warning about different params.
> lseek uses a int handle, while fseek requires a pointer to a FILE
structure.
> You can't mix them.

Yes I see, but I solved this by including <io.h>.
Now I got "warnings", because the VACPP functions return "int" instead of
"long".
I'll check if a "long" is realy needed.

>>I don't want to use the "ASPIROUT" because I use the Orignal HP Adapter
Card.
> AspiRout is only a SCSI message router: it allow programs to access the
scsi

I know, but I HAVE NO SCSI CARD so AspiRout is not useful for me.
I use the "HPSCAN.SYS" from DANMAR, this driver I can access using
Dos.Read/Write or DevIOCtl functions.

> download SANE 0.72 from my homepage,
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/4320
> where you can get a working DLL that could be used with your program.

Thanks, I have downloaded all from your homepage, but all archives include
only executables. I'm only interested in SANE source files.

As for now I got a running program compiled and linked with VACPP.
I use the scanimage.c frontend, the program will run upto the function
"scan_it".
There are memory corruption while running the program and I found that calls
to the marcro DBG which is expanded to sane_debug(...) cause them.

I have to make some changes to sane_debug.h to got it compiled maybe this
cause the fault.
I open a new thread on subject
"sane_debug.h compile error?" or
"SANE_DEBUG how does it work?".