Re: Rebuild with VisualAge C++

Jeff Freedman (jsf@hevanet.com)
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:07:25 -0700

Wolfgang Kaess wrote:

> Hello Yuri,
>
> >> Will it be posible to rebuild the sane files with VisualAge C++ ?
>
> > yes, I have compiled SANE also using VAC++ for OS/2, because I needed a
> good
> > (and well known) debugger;

Hey, don't knock the EMX version of GDB!:-) It actually works quite
well, and there's even a nice-looking PMGDB for a GUI interface.

> I don't want to use the "ASPIROUT" because I use the Orignal HP Adapter Card.
>
> I don't understand how I could compile/link a backend to my exe.
> Trying to build a DLL or compile and static linking faild with
> "unresolved externals" ?

I was able to build a .dll of the backend using gcc. It was a while
ago, but I recall having to link in one or two of the low-level SANE
libraries which the Unix builds did not have to include for their shared
libraries.

-- Jeff