Re: IN2000 scsi card Umax Astra 600s scanner

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Mon, 01 Jun 1998 20:53:36 -0300

William T Wilson writes:
>Yes, hooray for the IN2000. I tried the Astra 610S with both the IN2000
>and the NCR400 cards, and neither one works. So I am using it in Windows
>with the cheapo card that came with it. :(

Alan Cox has gotten the 53c400a working with his umax scanner in the
2.1 kernels, so if you want to try the latest 2.1 kernel his patch
may have made its way to Linus by now. In any case, it ought to be
in there by the time 2.2 comes out. Just FYI.

>The problem is that Oliver who writes the drivers has an NCR800 series
>card and it works for him. And it seems like most of the people that get
>it to work also have an NCR800. I wish I knew if there were some cheap
>easy to find SCSI cards that also worked with it, but that's the only one
>I know about so far. (I do not consider the NCR800 easy to find).

www.promox.com
www.swt.com

Search anywhere you want for Tekram cards; they are based on the 53c8xx
series.

You can say you don't want to buy one, but now you can't say that they
are hard to find! :-)

michaelkjohnson