Re: sane

Jeff Freedman (jsf@hevanet.com)
Tue, 26 May 1998 09:21:14 -0700

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> Hi !
>
> > I am not sure if you are the correct person to send this to but here
> > goes.....I have been using sane since the 661 release and love the program.
> > Recently, IBM released a new version of the adeptec scsi driver
> > (aic7870.add) about two weeks old now. I installed this new driver and
> > now when I start sane (I use pmsane as the front end), I get a message
> > that scanimage.exe cannot find any scanners.

You might try sending Email to the author of the "aspirout" driver that
the OS/2 portion of SANE relies upon. My guess is that IBM's change to
the SCSI driver broke the next layer up.

Otherwise, why not go back to the older version of the SCSI driver if
you weren't having any problems with it?

-- Jeff