Re: configure for gtk

Bob van der Poel (bvdpoel@kootenay.com)
Tue, 19 May 1998 13:37:56 -0600

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Bob> I suppose this is obvious as daylight to most of you...but not
> Bob> to me (besides, it is dark here just now).
>
> Bob> What do I set in configure to enable gtk? I have gtk 1.0.2
> Bob> installed. Libs are in /usr/local/lib, includes in
> Bob> /usr/local/include and the gtk-config in /usr/local/bin (this
> Bob> is the default install for gtk).
>
> Bob> I have tried configure --with-gtk-prefix=/usr/local/lib,
> Bob> --with-gtk-exec-prefix=/usr/local/bin and probably a half dozen
> Bob> other trys. All of them get configure to tell me that
> Bob> gtk-config could not be found.
>
> Do you have an old version of the GTK libraries installed (maybe in
> /usr/lib/)? The new GTK-configuration setup checks for the correct
> GTK version by compiling a test program and if old libraries are
> installed, this may fail.
>
> If this doesn't resolve the problem, please include the output of
> "configure" so we can get a better idea of what may be going wrong.

I'm quite sure that all my old gtk stuff has been removed.

---------

Here is the relevant configure output (from a configure with no
options):

checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
checking for X... (cached) libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers
/usr/X11R6/include
checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking for dlopen... (cached) yes
checking for gtk-config... (cached) no
checking for GTK - version >= 0.99.13... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
disabling PINT backend
enabling QuickCam backend
enabling NET backend
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile

------------

Form the command line:

bob:~/src/gfx/sane/sane-0.73$ gtk-config --version
1.0.2

I don't have a variable GTK_CONFIG set.

Hope this turns on a light <g>.

Thanks!