Re: Cannot start xscnimage

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Fri, 15 May 1998 08:36:17 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 15 May 1998, Paul McEntee wrote:

> Apologies if I do this incorrectly (first week on the list)
>
> I'm trying to get my UMAX scanner to work under linux, so I download all
> the required RPMs (runningRedhat 5.0) and install and everything seems
> to go well.
>
> Then I type xscanimage, and get an "error in loading shared libraries"
> and something about libsane.so.0
>
> So someone had posted a fix for this which was along the lines of
> creating the link with:
>
> ln -s /usr/lib/libsane-dll.so.0 /usr/lib/libsane.so.0
>
> so I did that, ran xscnimage and get the following error:
>
> xscanimage: error loading shared libraries
> /usr/lin/libgimp.so.1: undefined symbol: g_string_hash
>
> Any suggestions. One more weird thing, GIMP won't start up anymore,
> either.

sane-0.72-6 rpm's were created using gimp 0.99.29 and gtk+ 1.0.1 I suggest
you move all three of them up to this level. It has been tested on my
Alpha system assuming intel does work just as well as I do not have a scsi
card in the intel test machine at present.

Versions before this release are known to be faulty in some ways which
will show up on Intel machiness but not on the Alpha.

A dual test bed is planned but may not be implemented before the end of
the month.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |