Re: problems with snapscan and scanimage

Kevin R. Charter (charter@cs.ualberta.ca)
Mon, 11 May 1998 11:00:58 -0600

KH Jeron wrote:

> i am running linux 2.0.32
> find-scanner output looks good.
> find-scanner: found scanner "AGFA SNAPSCAN 310 1.20" at device
> /dev/scanner
> find-scanner: found scanner "AGFA SNAPSCAN 310 1.20" at device /dev/sg2
> but scanimage doesnt work with sane0.72 agfa snapscan 310.
> i tried the following like the README says :
> test:/home/kheinz/sane-0.72/frontend # ./scanimage -d
> snapscan:/dev/scanner >t.pnm
> scanimage: scanimage.c:813: scan_it: Assertion `parm.depth == 8' failed.
>
> IOT trap/Abort
> test:/home/kheinz/sane-0.72/frontend # scanimage: stopping scanner...
>
> please help me

This is a bug in the backend for the 310 that we haven't gotten around
fixing yet. I don't own a 310 but I think I know what the fix is and I
will try to post a repair for it on the snapscan webpage
<htp://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~charter/snapscan.html> this evening.

In the meantime, try using xscanimage if you can.

Kevin

--
Kevin Charter                        /\                      Grad
Studies