Re: Backend for Microtek SCSI-II scanners

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Sat, 9 May 1998 00:49:34 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, May 07, 1998 at 01:50:39PM -0400, Matto Marjanovic wrote:

> Cool! That was fast.
>
> Have you decided what to name it? Perhaps "microtek2" or "microtekII",
> since it's for the SCSI-2 scanners.

Currently it's called m6, but I think I will rename it to microtek2. If
anybody has better suggestions...

Before I started to write this backend I considered to modify the sources of
your existing backend for the Microtek scanners. But IMHO the differences
in the command sets and the scanner capabilities are too big to make
one source of it.

At present I am working on the source code to do some minor changes mainly
concerning the debugging capabilities. I didn't find the time to do anything
yesterday and the day before yesterday, but I hope to get things done
this weekend. I will then post another mail in this mailinglist.

> If you put anything informative about your backend on-line, I'll add a
> pointer in the web page of the 'old' microtek backend. I'm sure there
> are plenty of interested users out there.

Ok, if informative things will exist, I will inform you.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder
Email: mailto:bernd@aquila.muc.de