Re: MUSTEK Scan Express 6000 P

Jan Krueger (yesno@bln.de)
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 22:29:08 +0200

G. Bali wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently purchased the above 300x600 dpi parallel port scanner and
> installed sane on my Linux PC. I assumed it was quite similar to the
> Paragon 600 II N model: you plug the scanner into the parallel port and
> the printer into the scanner and both devices can be used at the same time.
> I subsequently wrote all the 10 suggested addresses into
> /usr/local/etc/sane.d/mustek.conf and started scanimage -d mustek every
> time. However with none of the addresses anything at all happened.
No wonder.

the scanexpress 6000 is in no way supported yet.
However, i am currently working on support for the Scanexpress 12000 SP,
a scanner that should be very similar to the SE 6000.

The difference between these 2 ist the interface and the resolution.

Based on this, sooner or later, the 6000 will be supported.
No code yet, but until monday next week i _*HOPE*_ to get a first scan
;)
Well, sometimes i am very lazy ...

> Do you have any idea what I could try next?
a umax-scanner or so ;)

Regards
Jan