Re[2]: Re[2]: gtk_tooltips

hopp@darkstar.fact.rhein-ruhr.de
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 19:13:51 +0200 (MEST)

> On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:
>

> > Hugo> Please report this as a SERIOUS bug. Using wrong version
> > Hugo> numbers for RPM packages is a serious matter and should be
> > Hugo> solved immediately!
> >
> > Note that this is not SuSE's fault. All versions in the gtk+ 0.99
> > series used a shared library version of 1.0.
>
> I was thinking of the RPM version numbers. I wonder if those are set
> correctly. If they are, then the user should have checked if gtk and gimp
> were installed as package and which version they are.
>
> rpm -qa|grep gtk
> rpm -qa|grep gimp
rpm -qi gtk : 0.99.3
rpm -qi gimp : 0.99.18-4

> If they are not identical to the actual version installed then SuSe has a
> serious problem. Otherwise the user should have paid a little more
> attention (as should I).
i don't know who's fault it is, but configure (sane-0.72) shows
checking for gtk_tooltips_set_tooltips ... cached (no)
when ever i install the SuSE gtk package. (version 0.99.3)
(before installation of the SuSE package I checked, that /usr/include/gtk is removed and that no /usr/local/include/gtk exists)

But i think this error is not worth a deeper investigation, because the error will vanish as soon as the SuSE-package is upgraded

mfg
Uli