Re: Re[2]: gtk_tooltips

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 07:54:57 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> >> The SuSE-Linux Distribution 5.2 installs the gtk-libs Version
> >> 0.99.3 as Version 1.0.0 in /usr/lib and the header files in
> >> /usr/include/.. for version 0.99.3. When I run configure on
> >> sane-0.72, configure thinks i have version 1.0.0
> >> installed. During compilation the compiler switches to the wrong
> >> branch in the ifdef-statement in gtkglue.c near line #80.
> >>
> >> When i removed all SuSE Packages (gimp, gtk) and installed the
> >> original source packages the compilation works fine without any
> >> modifications. Of course no scan with Mustek 1200 SP PRO, but
> >> this is another story ... :)
>
> Hugo> Please report this as a SERIOUS bug. Using wrong version
> Hugo> numbers for RPM packages is a serious matter and should be
> Hugo> solved immediately!
>
> Note that this is not SuSE's fault. All versions in the gtk+ 0.99
> series used a shared library version of 1.0.

I was thinking of the RPM version numbers. I wonder if those are set
correctly. If they are, then the user should have checked if gtk and gimp
were installed as package and which version they are.

rpm -qa|grep gtk
rpm -qa|grep gimp

If they are not identical to the actual version installed then SuSe has a
serious problem. Otherwise the user should have paid a little more
attention (as should I).

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |