Re: Problems with xscanimage and SANE 0.72

Rob Fargher (fargher@POBoxes.com)
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 23:26:02 +0700

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998 00:25:20 +0200 (MET DST), Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

>>As suggested clean up all of it as you seem to have two versions of gtk
>installed which does hurt you now.
>
>Hugo.

Thanks Hugo, for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it hasn't solved the problem. :-(

I went through /usr/include/ /usr/local/include /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib. I deleted anything
in gtk, gdk, gimp and sane directories and I removed those directories. I deleted any libgtk* files, any
libgdk* files and any libgimp* files.

I installed gtk/gdk by "./configure, make, make install". I ran ldconfig. I tried to remake sane 0.72 by
"./configure, make" but the compile barfed out again in the compile of gtkglue.c with an undefined
reference to gtk_tooltips_set_tooltips.

This seems to be the consistent problem: gtk_tooltips_set_tooltips Every error I get refers to
gtk_tooltips_set_tooltips. In the configure of gtk, I get "Checking for gtk_tooltips_set_tooltips ...
(cached) no."

From Oliver's previous posting, I checked out /usr/local/include/gtk/gtktooltips.h, it says:

void gtk_tooltips/set_tips (GtkTooltips *tooltips,
GtKWidget *widget,
const gchar *tips_text
const gchar *tip_private);

I have no doubt that with the help from you kind folks that we'll eventually get this working. But, boy
is it frustrating right now. However, on the bright side, I am learning a whole hell of a lot! :-) That alone
is making it worthwhile.

Cheers,
Rob