Re: /proc/scsi/scsi

Michael Ritzert (Ritzert@t-online.de)
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 19:29:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Oliver and everybody else!

Sorry for answering that late, but I only could check this by now:

On 13-Apr-98 Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE wrote:
> Hello Matt,
>
>> Mmmm... another problem with just looking at /proc/scsi/scsi is that
>> not all scanners provide useful vendor/model strings.
> For that I will add something like:
> scsi-card, bus, id, lun:
> eg: 0,0,5,0

Be aware that the scsi-card # above is not a constant, when the scsi driver is
loaded as a module.
That is, I have an AHA-2940UW for my disks that is scsi-card 0 and an AHA-1542CF
for the scanner that is scsi-card 1 when I first load the module, scsi-card 2
when I load the module for the second time...

I'm using this script to initialize the scanner:
-- 8< --
#!/bin/sh
insmod aha1542
echo "scsi add-single-device `ls /proc/scsi/aha1542` 0 6 0" > /proc/scsi/scsi
-- >8 --

This is not a general solution however, because there could be more than one
card of one type and the ls would return two files and confuse everything.

Ciao, Michael

---