Re: xscanimage looking for Mustek 1200SP

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:09:26 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Alexander Schulz wrote:

> 1) xscanimage crashes, when I close the preview-window.
> I am using gtk 0.99.7, so I will update that, when I find the time,
> but I didn't find anything about the version of gtk to use in
> the README.

The patch was made against 0.99.7 and should work with 0.99.7 or higher.

I tried to duplicate your findings but was unable to do so. xscanimage
keeps stable. (even despite the alpha specific warnings it shows on the
console ;-)

Tested on:
- Alpha XLT with NCR 53C810 SCSI controller (used for all SCSI devices!)
- SANE 0.72
- GIMP 0.99.24
- GTK+ 0.99.10
( - GLIBC v2.0.7-6)

Do you test this on a libc5 or glibc2 environment?

> 2) When I start xscanimage with two entries in mustek.conf, it hangs.
> Turning debugging on shows this:
>
> [mustek] attach: opening /dev/scanner2 as scsi device
> [mustek] attach: sending INQUIRY
> [mustek] scsi_wait_ready: sending TEST_UNIT_READY
> [mustek] sense_handler: got unknown sense code 70
> [mustek] scsi_wait_ready: test unit ready failed (Error during device I/O)
>
> It's not really a wonder, because this is my ZIP-drive!
> But as the ZIP is external, it is sometimes on when I scan and sometimes
> it is not, so the devicefile for the scanner moves around. In older
> versions of sane it just ignored the ZIP, but now it tries to see a
> scanner in it, looping for ever...
>
> Is there a way to change this behaviour, or will I have to change the
> entries in mustek.conf any time I want to scan?

Check older and 0.72 code to see what is the difference between them and
see if there is some logic that could explain it. Then change it where
nescessary.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |