Re: Problem with Mustek Paragon 600 II SP

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 08:15:04 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, Hardy Pawletta wrote:

> Hi,
> firmware rev. 2.03. The scanner is connected as the only device to a
> NCR810 based scsi controller.
>
> sane Version: 0.71
> Generic scsi buffer is at maximum
>
> find-scanner reports:
> find-scanner: found scanner "SCANNER 2.03" at device /dev/scanner
> find-scanner: found scanner "SCANNER 2.03" at device /dev/sg0
>
> Gray scans and bw linart works but sometimes lines are lost.
> If I select Color scan option the scanner moves forward a bit then back
> again after that forward and backward and so on. The result seems to be ok
> but the scan needs a very long time (several minutes for 300dpi, full
> page) and the scanner didn't sound good.
>
> Did anybody know a sollution for this Problem ?

Hmm. Yet another posting with this rev. 2 firmware. Makes one wonder if so
much has been changed. (posted: 2 April)

I do not think it is a controller problem but check the archives to get a
full picture of this issue. I have the same controller with another
scanner and scanning goes OK in all modes.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |