Re: sane 0.71 and microtek E3

Mark (kestrel@falcon.warren-wilson.edu)
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 13:29:23 -0500 (EST)

Bob: don't feel bad, the EXACT same thing happened to me. I was
installing SANE on a P166 running Red Hat 5.0, 2.0.33 with a Microtek E3.
We can get mtekscan to work, but SANE does the same thing, compiled file,
pretty sure configured correctly, blah blah yackety smackety, can see the
scanner, but when you scan, it waits for a minute and gives an I/O error
message and the scanner needs to be turned off before it can see it again.
I was reluctant to post anything because I thought I had done something
wrong, but if mtekscan works, one would think I set up the SCSI stuff
properly, now wouldn't one? Would really like to get this to work, else
our College Sys Admin has threatened to put 95 on the machine!!! If anyone
has gotten SANE to work with an E3, please write me so we can save a
computer from the horrid 95 virus!!! (OK, so I have played xbill too
much...)